The 2e world includes a number of different learning profiles, academic strengths, talents, and differences in social/emotional development.
Arete Academy considers the following guidelines to determine each applicant’s fit for enrollment:
- Students 4th-12th grade
- Students who have a diagnosis or educational eligibility of anxiety, ADHD and/or a learning disability such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, central auditory processing disorder, dyscalculia, etc.
- Students who demonstrate a discrepancy between their potential academically and/or another area of strength and a social, emotional or learning difference that is preventing them from reaching their fullest potential
- Students who would benefit from a small, supportive, individualized learning environment.
Unfortunately, we are currently not able to support and meet the needs of students with moderate to severe social, emotional, or behavioral issues.
- Schedule a tour and meet with Leah, the Executive Director of Arete Academy
- Submit evaluation reports, IEP or any other relevant documentation
- If the documentation indicates that Arete may be an option, your child will be invited to spend two or three days at Arete
- Spending time at Arete allows students to interact with current students, experience school expectations and the community as a whole. Students can also provide feedback to their family about their comfort and readiness to try a new school environment
- The school visits also provide an opportunity for teachers to get to know each prospective student on a more personal level and best determine if Arete can meet their social/emotional and academic needs
We admit students who we feel will be successful in our program. Our process is designed to identify students for whom our program will meet their needs in the areas of learning differences, provide appropriate enrichment, and cultivate their areas of strength.
Notice of Non-discriminatory Policy: Arete Academy of Exceptional Education admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Arete Academy of Exceptional Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or any other school-administered programs.